Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog does not want to eat,she looks and smells the food

Customer Question
and walks away from it....
My dog does not want to eat,she looks and smells the food and walks away from it.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How old is your dog?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

She is seven, no vomiting no diarrhea,she has been moving from place to place her owner is on vacation. She went to her friends and her friend too went on vacation, she came back again to the house. I'm worried. She is my grandauters dog. I can't walk her she is use to walks, I'm disable. She is a pigkanes. Sorry can't spell the bread. She looks and smells the food and walks away and goes back to her bed. Two days and no changes. Thank you *****

Ruth, changes in her environment can definitely cause a dog to want to avoid food. Has anyone tried hand-feeding her enticing food such as canned dog food or offered something along the lines of pureed baby food in chicken, turkey or similar flavors?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian