Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a female mixed staff terrier 5 yrs. old has been

Customer Question

Hi, I have a female mixed staff terrier 5 yrs. old has been spayed she has had on going urine infections and is currently under vets care ..the past month she was having large amounts of blood in urine and stool ..high white and red cell count in test she's onn 1000 mg of amoxicillin daily . Has 3 days left tonight I found blood in her stool some parts of stool were dark she just ha an ultrasound done but they found nothing significant could there be something more serious going on here ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the terrier can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the terrier's name?
Customer: Zita
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zita?
Customer: She's been pretty healthy overall except these ongoing urine issues ..oh and she just had her knee repaired because it kept coming out of the socket so that was a 3 month recovery....was doing well ...and now the urine issue again the doctor said it could be some type of gr
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Possible tumas in the bottom of bladder near the uretha..what concerns me is the blood in the stool ..she's eating but very fussy lately not want her treats which is odd .kind of mushy but playful and willing to play with her ball and go on walks.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have any diagnostics been performed on her stool?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

What has she been willing to eat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me ..managed to get into dr this am .No new treats.food bones etc...there testing her stool..they stopped antibiotics..eaiting for results

Excellent news. Let me know what the results reveal and we can continue our chat from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you

Sure thing.