Robert Schwarb
Robert Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Banfield Pet Hospital
98815228

What do I need to do for you Corgi who's coat comes out in

Customer Question

What do I need to do for you Corgi who's coat comes out in tuffs not just a hair at a time and whose coat is really dry?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is seven years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Thor?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was told to feed him a meal a day of cooked hamburger, canned pumpkin and string beans. But that hasn't helped.
Expert:  Robert Schwarb replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. If you could please respond back in the next 15 minutes I would like to try to help as best I can.

Sorry you were not available. But I will say that my best recommendation would be to not feed the hamburger anymore as there is always a possibility for it to cause GI issues. My best recommendation to start would be to try adding fish oil to the diet. Rather than using human fish oil capsules, try going to your local pet store and look for their fish oil supplement (there will be dosing instructions on the side of the bottle).
There are other great shampoos for seborrhea that can be helpful as well. Good luck and I hope that helps!