Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a senior female dog. She's 12 years old. Castrated.

Customer Question

Hey, I have a senior female dog. She's 12 years old. Castrated. The last couple of months she's started walking like a typical old dog; hips are getting tired. Other than that she is in good health, drinking and eating normal, urination normal and feces normal, some day if feeding schedule has been changed it has been some diarrhea. Ive started to worry about if she has enlarged kidneys?? She seems to be somewhat enlarged in that area, but Im not sure if I can put this to blame for her tired hips so the muscles are compensating making them appear larger or if this is a kidney problem, because i dont see any symptoms from what I've read about kidney problems.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out. I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help She 's. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about She 's?
Customer: no thats about it i think. she still plays catch and runs around in the park. shes not as active as she was last year, but pretty normal for an aging dog i would say. shes registered as a majorcan mastiff (shes adopted) and she is 26 kg.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.