Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our grand dog ate a whole bottle of garcinia cambogia, Maple

Customer Question
our grand dog ate a...
our grand dog ate a whole bottle of garcinia cambogia
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Maple & I think she is 1 1/2 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maple?
Customer: lol!! she chews & tries to eat everything
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please don't be alarmed. Toxicology studies resulted in no toxicity or deaths in animals at dosages of hydroxycitric acid (Garcinia Cambogia) at 5,000 mg/kg, equivalent to 350 g or 233 times the maximum dosage of 1.5 g/day of hydroxycitric acid. Maple might experience a bit of gastrointestinal distress after eating something so unfamiliar to her but toxicity isn't expected. There's no need to induce emesis. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian