Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog seems to have like two attacks a month and it acts

Customer Question
like it's on meth. She...
My dog seems to have like two attacks a month and it acts like it's on meth. She starts moving her head and body and won't be still for half a second doesn't want to go outside when she always does won't eat or drink and goes into this non-stop movement for six hours each time at least. Keeps nuts in my hand won't sit still but obviously is not on meth but acts like a person does play. The sentence is like a fast heart rate continuous movement and pupils turn color like red
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is this new behavior?
Customer: Then after an episode she's like back to normal like it never happened and doesn't seem to have any side effects
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chopper and she's about almost a year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chopper?
Customer: No she's a normal dog other than that and I have another dog that doesn't do any of that and they are constantly together 24/7 and when she has an attack he just lays down and waits for her to get through her episode
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you are seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian