DrRoyC
DrRoyC, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner & Veterinarian at Steeplechase Animal Hospital
98743513

Ve a, and I have just acquired a five year old Toy Poodle.

Customer Question

ve a
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Hi My name is ***** ***** I have just acquired a five year old Toy Poodle. Eight weeks ago she had a litter of five puppies and has had a few litters before that. I got the dog because it is a very well behaved dog and I want to register her as a MindDog. However the breeder that I got her from wants her to have another litter as soon as she becomes fertile again. I think this would be a big strain on her especially if she has another big litter and it would mean that I could not get her desexed for some time. What are your thoughts on this - should I let the breeder breed her again - meaning that my dog would have to go back to the breeder and stay with the puppies etc. The dog has become very attached to me and I to her. I feel strongly that it maybe would be better for the dog be desexed and train for a MindDog for me What are your thoughts please ???
JA: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sorry that would is feeling poorly. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about would?
Customer: No I dont think so I merely would like to know if I am being unrational in not wanting my dog to have another litter and be desexed and trained to be a MindDog for me
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
Customerresponding to your questions and concerns regarding your companion. Dogs are wonderful company & friends.
What is her name? Did you sign a contract with the breeder? The puppies are most likely the property of the breeder. The mother & her ability to have puppies may be part of a contract between you & the breeder. I'm a veterinarian, the legal aspects should be posted with an attorney here on Just Answer. From a health & well being stand point it is best to rest a female dog between litters. Some breeders want puppies as fast as the female dog can produce them, in order to make mores money.
Will monitor for your response.
Signing off for the night Customer
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
Hello,Customerfollowing.
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.

http://www.acvn.org/ There are MANY websites regarding home made dog diets, this is the GOLD STANDARD!

Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.

The above website was meant for another question. Glad to visit about your dog/friend.