Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Chance is a large dog, ~80lbs, ~13 years old, a rescued pit

Customer Question

Chance is a large dog, ~80lbs, ~13 years old, a rescued pit cross. Been with us for ~ 10 years. This am:walked 1/2 mile or so a day, ate morning meal, was outside (90+) with us for about 1/2 hour and then came into a/c, was inside long enough to cool down. Then about 4 hrs ago started panting again and not settling down as usual for his daytime siesta. Is pacing and will sit but does not lay down for more than a few minutes. Then he sits back up and starts panting. He does get anxious if it is storming; he will hide in the shower but this is not the same..He did have an apparently urination and normal bowel movement on morning walk. When he is sitting the lower portion of his abdomen is pot-bellied more than usual. Any suggestions to make him more comfortable?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the pit will be able to digest that. What is the pit's name?
Customer: Chance.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chance?
Customer: Not sure
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Any known illness or injury with Chance?