Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She was diagnosed with parvo a couple days ago, was admitted…

Customer Question
She was diagnosed with...

She was diagnosed with parvo a couple days ago, was admitted into the animal hospital. Then two days later they said she had improved enough to come home.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Now she seems noteably worse and has began having what I would say is a substantial amount of blood in her diarhhea

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Layla The animal hospital is closed until tomorrow morning so I am not able to contact them.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She's not eating well and everything she's been drinking she seems to be vomiting back up.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How long ago was she discharged from the hospital?
2) Did she make improvements and then go back downhill or was she like this immediately following discharge?
3) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?