Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 14 week old puppy is breathing very fast at rest. she has

Customer Question

my 14 week old puppy is breathing very fast at rest. she has a dry nose. otherwise she seems well and happy, eating and running around earlier today. we have only had had 2 days.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Phoebe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Phoebe?
Customer: vet thinks she has worms. but not had worm stuff yet. Also had no jabs as breeder lied to us. Vet didn't want to give jabs till after worm treatment (due to start on tuesday) she is eating well. 3 x 20g puppy Iams a day, has been drinking water. Im not sure if she is just too warm (on the sofa with us) room isn't hot. we clocked her breath at around 200 breaths a min.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

If the respiration's are high with rest and not that way when puppy is awake and puppy still eating, drinking playing normally then this is completely normal behavior......puppies often breathe very fast when sleeping.....the key is to check restorations when awake....and if there is no nasal discharge and no cough then your puppy is fine. All puppies do need to go to the vet and get dewormed...this is very important because of life cycle of parasites all puppies have worms.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

http://www.petsandparasites.org/

You can read about parasites at the above website. Bets of luck to you and let me know if you need additional help. I will be checking back online much later tonight. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. (rating at top right corner of page) A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B