Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

How much does this service cost? My dog Inga is peeing blood

Customer Question

how much does this service cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: My dog Inga is peeing blood instead of pee.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Inga?
Customer: 3 or 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Inga?
Customer: we[ve been fighting a war against ticks, we go to the woods a lot , and there is wildlife there, deer, rodents, foxes we went to the vet have blood results
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I dont know if she ate something bad there in the woods. the vet said ot could be 1) tick disease, 2) poisoning 3)auto immune disease. the blood test says there is no infection but it is something that dilutes the blood, makes it more liquid her tick wounds open and close, bleed a little bit and then stop for a while the vet gave her; a coagulant, prednisone, antibiotics, and something against ticks. He said the bleeding should stop in 12 hours, that is tomorrow at 4 am, i live in israel my whatsapp is +972 ****** why does it say I payed kr203, what;s that? ...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response to your question!

I would definitely worry about the immune mediated with this history (or ticks) and if on steroids the blood in the urine or urinating blood might not improve right away. I had an IMHA dog (immune mediated) who did this for weeks after beginning steroids.

As long as a urine culture has already been done as well to ensure there are no secondary factors it's something you have to give a little more time to unfortunately. I know how challenging it is to watch them go through this but it sounds like your veterinarian is doing an amazing job working on getting you answers and treating Inga appropriately

I hope this helps but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need help with my 5$ deposit. it says I payed kr203, and I dont even know what that is! please reply, thankyou

I apologize this is not my department but happy to send the question over to customer service to assist you further. Do you have any additional questions about Inga before I do?