Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

He ate some roach poison fipronil,, but is acting normally,

Customer Question

He ate some roach poison fipronil,, but is acting normally
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: I called ASPCA Animal Poison center butbeeen on hold for 10 minutes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about ASPCA?
Customer: Fipronil active incredient in Commbat Roach poison
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Good news, Fipronil is the active ingredient in Frontline. So, we know that it doesnt' tend to be toxic in small doses and if anything could just upset his gut.

So while we could induce vomiting or use activated charcoal at this point (which I am happy to discuss), we don't strictly need to. You can choose to just take things easy and monitor for today. As well to offset any GI upset, you can consider offering a light diet option. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. But again this is no worry here of any severe or serious harm.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**