How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rebecca Your Own Question
Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 15568
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Rebecca is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

she ate Dr T snake away JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The

Customer Question

she ate Dr T snake away
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Katana she is a German Shepard and weighs 52 pounds and 11 months old
JA: What is the German shepherd's name?
Customer: Katana
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the German shepherd?
Customer: she just was fixed and is currently taking amoxacylin
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Katana. Was the active ingredient naphthalene? That is what I found online.

How much did she eat, and how long ago?

This can make her seriously ill if she ate much of it. I would call ASPCA Poison Control immediately(###) ###-####and follow their directions. There is a charge for the call but it might be covered by the maker of this product. They will know exactly what to do, and will follow up with your veterinarian if necessary.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

The worst thing about naphthalene poisoning is that the signs may not show up for days, and by then it may be too late.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
7% of that incident it happened about 10 minutes ago. Not sure how much if any ingested butt the bottle was torn open and product all over the garage
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

My best advice is to call the poison control number I sent you, and /or get to an emergency clinic.

You can try to induce vomiting by giving her 1/2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in some milk or ice cream, but even if she does vomit, I wold call poison control and follow their directions. She should probably get activated charcoal at a vet clinic even if you do get her to vomit. This stuff is really toxic; it is the same thing as mothballs and a single mothball can make a dog very sick.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if this is helpful and how she is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is she doing? I have not heard back from you.

Please let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any other questions you may have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca