Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about your two dogs.
While fruit pits such as cherry contain an ingredient (cyanide) which can be toxic to dogs, this ingredient is usually present in very small amounts. In fact, dogs usually have to chew up the pits and they usually need to ingest quite a large number of them for problems to be seen.
Most dogs don't chew the pits but rather just swallow them whole. And, it doesn't sound as if they ate a sufficient amount for there to be a concern.
They should be fine; I hope this helps to provide peace of mind, Deb