Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I just emailed u about my 15 1/2 Manchester terrier. Did u

Customer Question

I just emailed u about my 15 1/2 Manchester terrier. Did u get my other question?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

yes, I answered your question on the other question site......what I said was that an aspirate can be diagnostic if vet good at reading them.....did your vet take some xrays of thorax or abdomen? How do they know cancer has spread?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have to take my dog to get a chest xray. She, told me that my dog only had a month to live. How do I view all of my previous questions and answers?
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

I don't understand how she could tell you your dog has a month to live without screening for spread........what type of cancer did she say it is?

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

You can just continue to chat with me here....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My, boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer last year. I have always taken my dogs to a well known vet. Unfortunately. due to our financial situation we have to take them to the Humane Society. The Vet there is well known in our area
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

I understand.....did she tell you what type of cancer it is?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
mestastic neo plasia
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

metastatic neoplasia just means cancer that has spread.....does not tell you what type......I would go see a regular vet and get a second opinion.....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
metastatic neo plasia
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

All this means is spreading cancer.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

That is not a type of cancer.....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Then, what is it and why did she tell me it was cancer that was spreading?
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Then, what is metastatic neo plasia? And, why did she tell me it is spreading?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I send you another question?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get to the other site. So, I can view my first answer to my original question?
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Metastatic means spreading

Neoplasia means cancer

You need to know the type, like is it a mast cell tumor, melanoma etc......

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

I will find other answer for you....

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Here is original answer:

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....so metastatic neoplasia is cancer that has already spread to distant areas of the body.....the prognosis for this type of cancer is very guarded to poor.....sometimes chemotherapy can make patients comfortable and prolong their life some. I do not usually recommend treatment like this once cancer has already spread. I generally try to make the patient comfortable, support the immune system and then perform humane euthanasia before they get too sick......I hope this helps you but please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, dRBPlease give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How come in your original answer you basically said there was no hope. And, that I should make my dog as comfortable as possible and then recommended to put her to sleep?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How long would you say or think that my dog has had this condition?
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Because you told me that your vet had diagnosed your dog with cancer that had already spread........that is why......

but then you told me that your dog has not had proper staging and no xrays or any advanced diagnostics.....there is no way to know how long your dog ha shad this condition......

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions for you?

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

If I cannot answer any other questions for you I will be going offline. Do you need additional help?

Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB