Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I noticed this morning mydog has a lumb in his throat

Customer Question

i noticed this morning mydog has a lumb in his throat overnight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no not yet but now that you mention it a few days ago he kept licking one of the i also believe he got a ear infection now too
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** is 8 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jaxx?
Customer: not to my knowledge
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Where on the throat is it? Midline or just under the jaw?

Is it firm, fluidy, warm or sore to the touch?

Any drainage or wound?

Any change in breathing?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.