jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

I HAVE A MALE YORKIE AND A SPAYED CHAWAWA FOR GIVE THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A MALE YORKIE AND A SPAYED CHAWAWA FOR GIVE THE SPELLING BUT MY MALE IS AFTER HER SO MUCH IT IS DRIVING ME TO DISTRACTION ANY SUGGESTION IT ALMOST WORST THAN IT WAS BEFORE I HAD HER SPAYED.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: HE KEEPS TRYING TO HUMP HER AND WORKING HIMSELF TO A FRENZY
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: HE DOESN'T HURT HES HORNY AND SHE WAS SPAYED ABOUT 3 TO 4 MONTHS AGO.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?
Customer: GIZMO
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about GIZMO?
Customer: HE HAS SEISURES BUT HASN;T HAD THEM LATELY
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 2 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Male dogs are attracted to females in heat by the blood they have. So if your male is trying to mate with her and not just showing dominance mounting, then it is likely she has some blood either from the urethra, or the anal glands, parasites or even from some remnant of the reproduction tract left behind. A urinary tract infection or urinary crystals or stones can cause bleeding and can be painful for the dog. Common symptoms of a urinary tract infection are frequent urination, dribbling urine, blood in the urine, squatting frequently to urinate, strong odor to the urine, inappropriate urination and straining to urinate as well as an increase in fluid intake. A dog with a UTI does not always show all the symptoms and typically displays 2 or 3.

I'd check her anal glands to be sure she doesn't have any issues there. The anal glands are 2 sacs on either side of the anus at about the 4' o'clock and 8 o'clock positions. If your dog is continually licking their anus and dragging it, it could also indicate that they are full. This problem can usually be resolved by emptying out the glands. To empty them or express them, you will want to cover the area with a tissue and press your finger on the dog's anal glands with an upward motion. A foul smelling liquid should come out. If nothing comes out and your dog appears to be in pain, you should take him to the Vet. Your vet can do this easily, as he is experienced at it.

Excellent site on anal glands

http://www.marvistavet.com/anal-sacs.pml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2Zm-KwKy4

Sometimes if the anal glands are emptied a little roughly, there can be some bleeding, but infection can also contribute to blood in the anal region as well as parasites like worms. If she has not been dewormed recently, I'd have that done as well. You do need to have her seen by your vet to determine where the blood odor is coming from that is causing your male to think she is in heat.

I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. I strive to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful?.