Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I got a dog recently she's a year and a half old. When she

Customer Question
I got a dog recently...
I got a dog recently she's a year and a half old. When she urinates it is the most awful odor I have ever smelled. I've had dogs in the past and never experienced this. Any thing I should look out for?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Is she eating and drinking normally? Is she spayed? What breed is she?

She is spayed she's eating and drinking fine. She's new to my home only there for a few days. Not sure of breed I'll send you a pic
She doesn't drink a lot of water but at first she wasn't eating now she is and drinking too not sure. I've just never smelled anything like it

Awesome picture! That is great that she's eating and drinking fine. As far as the urine having a bad odor, that may not be an indication of anything worrisome. Sometimes if they haven't been drinking well, the urine can be more concentrated and be more strong in odor. What would be signs to watch for as far as possible issues are blood in the urine, straining to urinate, urinating more frequently or having a discharge from the vulva.

What's a vulva?

Sorry about that. The vulva is the external folds of tissue covering the vaginal region.

Oh lol ok..

No problem

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian