Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is not using one of her legs and the vet doesn't have an

Customer Question

she is not using one of her legs and the vet doesn't have an answer after $600 work up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: dog
JA: OK. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes, doesn't appear there is anything
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: the only other thing I could mention is that when i touch her leg muscles on the bad leg I feel almost like a void very soft like her muscles are not working
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: molly
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She still is limping, walking on only three feet. I'm unsure what the issue is, when I feel her muscles in that led they feel almost non existent, very loose and squishy her good leg even at rest feels muscular
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm baffled by what could be wrong with her... I took her to a vet who did blood work X-rays and all the work up, was $800 and they have no clue what's wrong

Can you tell me more about what diagnostics your vet performed aside from x-rays? Is there any known reason why she would be avoiding the usage of her leg such as trauma? What breed is she?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure My wife took her to the vet, but we did everything suggested. She is a pit mix. No trauma, I have no idea why she is not using her leg, anytime this has ever happened in the past it was a thorn or something in her paw that hurt her when she walked on it.

Would your wife be able to drop by this evening and chat a bit with me online about Molly? Our discussion doesn't have a time limit but I think knowing more about what was done that day may help me to know where to recommend you to go from here. A video of Molly would also help so I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure I'll send her the link

Perfect.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello... I'm Jesse's wife. I took molly to the vet. I'll send you a copy of the receipt ans a video of her

Perfect. I'll be standing by.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Attached is a copy of the receipt which list what was done

Thank you for the additional information. Can you give me some additional information on the fine needle aspirate and Cocci panel? I am not familiar with the code through Idexx and googling resulted in no information either. What did they aspirate and what was the purpose for this panel? Was she having any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry video isn't uploading but I'm to call her vet. Any specific questions you'd like me to ask?

Were you able to see my questions above regarding the cocci panel and fine needle aspirate?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did... sorry had attend to my boy but I'll call vet to get the answers for you

No worries. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I called but they are closed now... I'll call again tomorrow and keep you posted... thank you

Sure thing. I'll keep an eye out.