Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My puppy has roundworms and is still being potty trained so

Customer Question
he sometimes has accidents on...
My puppy has roundworms and is still being potty trained so he sometimes has accidents on the carpet and I am pregnant while I clean up his poop I always have a bag over my hand wash my hands thoroughly and clean the area where he poops is there still a significant risk that I can contract the worms
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Roundworms eggs or worms do not go through the skin. So as long as you wash your hands thoroughly even though you have your hands covered I do not think you are at risk.

The only way you would get the roundworms is to have fecal material that has roundworm eggs in it on your hands. Then you would have to put your hands in your mouth or eat with the dirty hands.

Does that help?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian