Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She started crying going up teh stairs, sable age 6, sable,

Customer Question
She started crying going...

She started crying going up teh stairs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Sable age 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sable

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
please let me know
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
she is now hiding under the bed
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 11 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would luike to assist you.

What breed of dog do you have?

Is Sable having problems going up and down stairs?

Any limping?

Was he playing befor going up the stairs were he could have hurt himspef?

Joan

CockapooYes but she is mainly scared and in agony and climbs into my lap

Thank you! This sounds like there may be a spinal issue going on. Jumping, going up and down stairs as well as pain when doing it are clear signs of something going on in the back. In older dogs it may be some arthritis, but generally this problem is a result of a slipped disc. What I suggest is keeping Sable crate rested only carry her in and out to go potty. No climbing, jumping, or running. You can use a heat soak on the spinal area. The heat soack is uncooked rice in a sock, tied off and heated in a microwave. Wrap in a towel and apply to the spinal area.

I suggest she sees the Vet for an Xray and exam to see what exactly is going on. WE cannot give any medication, since most are toxic and aspirin are contraindicated with some medications the Vet will usse for pain and inflammation. I am hoping the heat sock will offer some relief until she can be seen.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

How is Sable doing today? I wanted to check in and see if she was able to be checked out today.

Joan