Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 10 year old dog has a tumor in his abdomen. the vet says

Customer Question

our 10 year old dog has a tumor in his abdomen. the vet says it is cancer. we want to keep out dog as long as we can, but he wont eat. this started 2 weeks ago when he was eating less food. we took him to the vet a week ago, and that is when we found out about the tumor. this week he has not been eating at all, maybe a few bites of something but that's it. we have tried giving all these delicious foods, but he just turns away. I was reading online that some people have helped their pets with cancer by giving them cannabis oil. we are desperate. he is days away from being put down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tank
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: his radiology report says he has a intrathoracic mass on the left side of chest wall ( possibly a sarcoma, mesothelioma) there are suspected nodules or metastic nodules/lesions in the right lung lobes. he also has fluid in the chest (pleural effusion)
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is Tank doing at this time?