Samuel Peck
Samuel Peck,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Meadow Hill's
98574077

I used K9advantix II on her and now she is miserable.She

Customer Question

I used K9advantix II on her and now she is miserable.She constantly itches and can't relax and sleep. She is even whining a little. what can I do to help with it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: the dogs name is***** isn't lethargic. She seems to be having an allergic reaction to the k9 advantix. Missy is 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?
Customer: no. I just want to give her some relief.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Samuel Peck replied 3 months ago.

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

I would suggest bathing her thoroughly to remove what you're able to of the topical product from her skin. Then administer benadryl at 1-2 mg per lb of body weight (so a 50lb dog would get 50-100mg by mouth). Benadryl comes in 25mg tablets. Start at lower end but don't hesitate to give higher end dosage if she doesn't appear to get relief from her itchy skin on the low dose.

Try a different flea control product. Sometimes reactions like this occur, with any product, but usually something they won't react to is easily found.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, simply write me back! Otherwise, please be sure to kindly rate using the stars, so that I receive credit for helping with your question today (this is how professionals on this site are compensated for their time). Thanks! – Dr. Peck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Samuel Peck