Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog is not well she is a. Lab she weighs 31 kgs I took

Customer Question

My dog is not well she is a. Lab she weighs 31 kgs I took her to the dog park and she was trying to pass urine to whole way around the park and since then she is not her self
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: Did you get my message
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: I don't know she is just sleeping and when she is awake she is just siting not interacting with me or my other dog
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Maddy and she is 6 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maddy?
Customer: Just last night she was up and down didn't seem to get comfortable and seemed to be trying to swollow who's her mouth
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would take her to the vet but they are all closed over the weekend I have some cilicaine vk 250 mg do you think they would help her they are my ABs
Expert:  Rebecca replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about Maddy's problem. Cilicaine would not be a great choice for a dog with a bladder infection. If you want to try it, the dose would be 600 mg, 4 times a day.

Supplements such as D Mannose, and Cranberry, can be helpful if this is a bladder infection, until you can get her to a veterinarian and determine what is wrong and get a more appropriate antibiotic.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 13 days ago.

Sorry, I got the dose wrong; 300 mg 3 times a day (sorry, bad math!) so you could try your 250 every 8 hours/ 3 times a day.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 13 days ago.

It is not a great antibiotic for a bladder infection, however.

She needs to have a urinalysis done, so take a sample with you when you go to your veterinarian if you can. My recommendation would be to give the D Mannose, and the cranberry, and not give the penicillin until you have a urinalysis done.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

I hope you are able to see my responses! Let me know if you do and if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 days ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard from you!

Please let me know how they are doing, and if my answer was helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?