Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…
Grapefruit toxicities in dogs may result in vomiting / diarrhea, lethargy (secondary to the GI effects), and a photosensitive dermatitis.
Here is a helpful link you can read that goes into more detail: https://www.vetary.com/dog/condition/grapefruit-poisoning
A small amount like that might cause some clinical signs given his young age and small size. Since it sounds like you have activated charcoal, yes I would suggest you administer it. Past that, monitor closely for vomiting, diarrhea, or any changes to his skin, and seek evaluation by your local veterinarian should any signs of toxicity develop.
Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, simply write me back! Otherwise, please be sure to kindly rate using the stars, so that I receive credit for helping with your question today (this is how professionals on this site are compensated for their time). Thanks! – Dr. Peck.