Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He started sneezing some yesterday but, tonite he hasn't

Customer Question

He started sneezing some yesterday but, tonite he hasn't stopped and bless his heart he just keeps sneezing. He's also been licking our sheets non stop too.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey, I'm not sure how old he is my friend rescued him from under a porch and talked the owner into giving him up because of him screaming that noise they do at high pitch. We've had him for two years. Our vet says he has at least 11 teeth missing now. He does have that reverse sneezing but, hasn't done that once in the last couple of days.
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: He does have the most skin infection thatour vet said he has seen in a long time and we treat him with apoquel, if I've spelled it right. I also gave him half of a loratidine about 10:45 a while ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Does he have any nasal discharge? What color? From one or both nostrils?

Any appetite loss or vomiting?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?