Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Last weekend my dog got injured at the dog park, rushed him

Customer Question

Last weekend my dog got injured at the dog park, rushed him to vet hospital. X-rays show no fracture or broken bones. Initial diagnosis was a pinched nerve in the neck area. Will not put hardly any weight on his front left leg. Winces wines occasionally has been on 75 mg of tramado and lRimadyl 1/2 tablet 2x / day. I'm just wondering if there's anything else that can be done. Chiropractic care acupuncture etc.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds anywhere. Rimadyl dose is 50 mg twice a day. Everything I've read indicates a pinched nerve. ay
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hercules
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hercules?
Customer: He's 12.5 your old Siberian husky. In excellent health. Gets around like a puppy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry to hear about the neck injury that Hercules had.

As far as treatments, Laser and Chiropractic are both viable options for this type of injuy THere are Veterinary Chiropractors as well as Veterinary Accupunturits. Another option is Phyical therapy and aquatic thereapy.

The other option is a Veterinary Neurolgists anlout spinal injections, but I personally favor The accupuncture and Physical and Aquatic Therapy for this tye of injury. The chairopratic is also good, as long as you find a chiroprate that has worked with this type of injury. Please hit reply to discuss this informatioon.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 3 months ago.

I wanted to check in on your dog, how is he doing? Were you able to get some Chiropractic treatment or see an accupunturist to give some pain relief? Please let me know if you need further help.

Joan