Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have got a dachshund puppie from a rescue. I noticed her

Customer Question
I have got a...
I have got a dachshund puppie from a rescue. I noticed her back is not flat like my older dachshund. Should i be concerned
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dachshund?
Customer: Are you still there
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Aaron, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Aaron

Please let me know when you're available and we can talk about your puppy.

I will do my best to answer your question.

It is important that you are satisfied. Feel free to ask any additional questions until you are satisfied.

Once you are satisfied I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so that I may be compensated for my time.

I can understand your concern regarding your puppy.

That breed of dog is predisposed to having back / spinal cord injuries.

I would not be concerned about a back having a curve to it in general.

As long as your puppy walks/runs normally, is not painful along the back, urinates/defecates normally, and doesn't drag his legs...I wouldn't worry about it at all:)

Please feel free to ask any further questions.

Please consider giving me a positive rating so that I may be compensated for my time.

Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian