Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I think she has tapeworm. She is not eating or drinking, is

Customer Question
Hi! I think she has...
Hi! I think she has tapeworm. She is not eating or drinking, is extremely lethargic. Has weird small red spots. I have parasites and I passed a tape worm recently (horrible) I think she is infected badly I dont know what to do to help her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: June Bug 7 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: June Bug
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She has a growing lump on her riht side on her ribe cage
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she been showing signs?

Did you see the worms (rice like)?

Any gagging, lip licking, drooling, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Any change to her breathing?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Can you take a photo of the weird spots so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian