Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog ate a Clear Coat pen. It looks like most of the clear

Customer Question

My dog ate a Clear Coat pen. It looks like most of the clear coat paint substance drained out on the blanket she was on , but the tube is still very sticky. she appears to be ok. it has only been 10 minutes since I caught her with it in her mouth chewing it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is 8 y/o Dachshund/border collie mix
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dottie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dottie?
Customer: She is overweight and not active. Housedog
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry that your dog got into the clear coat pen.

The problem with these products is that we do not know the indregients. Some of these produts can be toxic since some have Ethelene Glycol which is used in Anti freeze as well as some may have lead. The best solution is to contact your Vet or Poison contro who would have more information on the ingredients on the product (888) 26-4435l.

The symptoms you would look for in ryour dog :

Diarrhea

Vomiting

Lack of corrdination

Irregular heart beat

Tremors

I suggest the call to Poision control or your Vet be made to be sure of the toxicity level any any treatment that mey be needed.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. Will do.
Expert:  Joan replied 9 days ago.

You are welcome. Please let me know what they say. I could not find exact information on the clear coat pen. Only generalized possibilities, so they may have more information. I chekced for an MSDS sheet to know avail. If I have addtessed your concens please take a moment to rate my serice. I am not compensated by the site until rated.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 4 days ago.

How is your dog since he ate the clear coat pen? I wanted to check in on him.

Joan