Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have working dogs and one of my must have been kicked by a

Customer Question

I have working dogs and one of my bitches must have been kicked by a cow and has broken a rib and punctured a lung (it's what it looks and sounds like) there are no external wounds and we have no vet within 750km. I have given her antibiotics and panadol and I am wondering if there is anything else I can do for her? Her gums are slightly pale, she is not eating, is a bit dehydrated but she is drinking. She's still quite responsive but is in alot of pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A collie
JA: OK. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the collie's name and age?
Customer: Flax, she is 4. She seems to be drinking but because they do such big kilometers when they work and she was injured she may not have caught up yet on hydration. It doesn't really get cold where we are
JA: What is the collie's name?
Customer: Flax
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the collie?
Customer: No, I more need to know if it's cruel keeping her alive when the vet might be visiting Weipa on Monday but it may also be another week away
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video which shows what you're seeing with the suspect injury?