Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is pregnant and she is shaking does that mean she

Customer Question
hi my dog is pregnant...
hi my dog is pregnant and she is shaking does that mean she about to give birth
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i was wondering is she about to have birth
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Shaking does not always mean that a dog is about to give birth. Can you give me some additional info?

1) How old is she?
2) Do you know what day she was first bred?
3) Is this her first litter?
4) Are you keeping track of her temperature daily?
5) Are you seeing any vaginal discharge?

1 years old and yes and no were not yeah mood changes

Can you clarify the answers you've provided? What was the month and day that she was first bred? Can you provide her rectal temperature currently? Are you seeing vaginal discharge? If so, what color? Can you describe it as far as consistency?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian