Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He ate a Simply Protein bar. Benny. Age 5. 14 lbs. He is

Customer Question

he ate a Simply Protein bar.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Benny. Age 5. 14 lbs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Benny?
Customer: No. He is very healthy
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How minutes or hours ago } ?
2. Which flavour of bar was it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1. About 1 hour ago
2. Chocolate

Got it, working on your answer now ...

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. I would not worry about this too much, while chocolate can be toxic to dogs the amount of chocolate in this product is quite minimal, it is way down the ingredient list in fact and seems only to be present as a flavouring, so the chances are your dog is in no danger from toxicity. That said some dogs may perhaps experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea due to the sudden ingestion of a rich food source but I would not expect to see worse than that, and even that may not occur.

2. All you need do for now is just to keep an eye on your dog, but in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Benny's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Benny is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the protein bar incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?