Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Boxer will only drink water, we usually feed her twice a

Customer Question

My Boxer will only drink water, we usually feed her twice a day now it has been two days since she ate. and she is always trying to lay down and hide. in her doghouse.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your boxer will be able to digest that. What is the boxer's name?
Customer: Sasha
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sasha?
Customer: I have three other dogs two great Danes and a razor edge pit bull puppy. My boxer has been acting funny every since the area we live in Birmingham, AL was hit by a tornado two weeks ago.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? The opportunity to get into the trash? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?
2) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
3) If you give her fluidy food such as canned dog food with water, will she consume this or is she avoidant?
4) How old is she?
5) Is she spayed?