Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog Milly has ben sneezing and choking for about a hour

Customer Question

My dog Milly has ben sneezing and choking for about a hour this morning it seems she's hurting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. How old is Milly?
Customer: 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milly?
Customer: She's a rat terrier and chwawa
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What can I do to help her
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 3 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Sara. I am curious if you think Milly has a cough? OR there is something called a reverse sneeze that is common. How is she acting/feeling otherwise?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tired and slow moving she hasn't ate anything yet today
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 3 months ago.

Oh well that is more concerning. Has Milly had any exposure to other dogs...i.e. grooming/doggie daycare/boarding?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Sara replied 3 months ago.

Wow, we must have quite a time difference, I am still here today if you need anything. If it seems like a cough and she is lethargic/not eating etc. then maybe she needs an x-ray and possibly antibiotics that your veterinarian can prescribe. If you think it seems more like a sneeze/reverse sneeze(which you can look at videos on youtube) you can try an antihistamine. I would just need to know what she weighs to give you a dose. I really like Claritin for this. Get back to me when you are able.