Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

3 months old had surgery one week ago and now notice he has

Customer Question

3 months old had surgery one week ago and now notice he has shiver in front legs when he lays down. Still has snow cone on .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Can Corso Mastic (adorable)
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the animal. What is the's name?
Customer: Dammit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the animal?
Customer: No it is just a quiver and I am not sure is it is normal probable has nothing to do with surgery as he did it before a little
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 3 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

How is his incision (assuming he was neutered )?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no he ate rock and rags remove from stomach and one rock from colon

It may be that his abdominal wall is still healing and causing some twinges. This can take some time to heal

How does his incision look? Is it red or inflamed?

Gastrointestinal surgery can sometimes affect nerves in different parts of the body so we may be seeing some small residual effect of this. Does he ever limp on this leg ?

If he was having some slight symptoms before surgery it is also possible that he has a little pinched nerve, but usually these dogs will limp.