Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog scratches continuously and has caused many sores down her back. I took her to the Vet, but nothing they did worked.

Customer Question
She scratches continuously and has...
She scratches continuously and has caused many sores down her back. I took her to the Vet, but nothing they did worked. They keep treating her for fleas of which I have not seen any on her. They gave her some anti-biotics and cured her sores, but not her scratching. Last thing I used on her was T-Gel shampoo. Some people said it was o.k. some did not agree. It seemed to have helped her for one day, but she is back to scratching. Could this be a bad habit?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Abbey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abbey?
Customer: Her stomach looks awful. It looks very pink and I think she has pulled some of her hair out. She is very stubborn to command, but is sweet and lovable. She looks like a Gremlin with pointed ears. She is about 2-3 years old. This doesn't sound like Mange does it. I looked it up on the internet.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Which antibiotic was she put on? Was she placed on any medicaiton for itching?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian