Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Is it safe to give tramadol with rimadyl, An older beagle

is it safe to give...
is it safe to give tramadol with rimadyl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: An older beagle that has hurt his back jumping. Our vet is out of town.
JA: What is the beagle's name and age?
Customer: Cash ? 8years
JA: How old is Cash?
Customer: 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cash?
Customer: hes a bit overweight
6/26/2017
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Yes, it's dosed at 2 -5 mg per pound of body weight up to thrice daily. In fact, the combination of tramadol, carprofen (Rimadyl), and methocarbamol (a skeletal muscle relaxant) is commonly prescribed when addressing degenerative disk disease in dogs. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Thank you

You're welcome.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian