Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our cockapoo ate one tamulosolin hcl 0.4. he weighs 15 lbs.

our cockapoo ate one tamulosolin hcl 0.4. he weighs 15 lbs. is he in any danger?

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. This would be a low dose rate for your dog and it is unlikely that it will affect him very much if given on a one time basis.

2. The data sheet on Flomax they says : " In a three month study in dogs, all animals survived at daily oral doses of 2, 20, 200 mg/kg. Signs of toxicity included relaxed nictitating membranes, miosis, excessive salivation, lethargy, redness of eyes, excessive lacrimation, tremors, ataxia, lethargy and vomiting. "

3. The dose your dog took was 0.06 mg / Kg

4. From the above you can see that the chances are that Bubba is not in any great danger so there are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on him. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Bubba's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bubba. How is everything going?