Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is on 3 medications for Hesrt failure I just refilled

Customer Question

My dog is on 3 medications for Hesrt failure I just refilled the enalpril and the pills are a different shape that I originally got at the vet my dog is now not eating she also takes pemobenden and furosemide
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Pebbles
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pebbles?
Customer: I can't get with her cardiologist until Monday and this all happened after I picked up the new prescription
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could a different brand pill be creating this difference ? She threw up 1 time then got a little bit of the runs she was doing really well until I got the refill
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I would like to assist with your question. Is there any writing or symbols on this new pill? I want to be sure they sent the correct medication first.

Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 month ago.

Typically if a vet switches brands (which can happen when the company we buy drugs from switches from one generic to another), this would not cause any side effects in the pet. Enalapril is a medication that typically does not cause GI side effects.