Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He was sick to his stomach for a few days, the vet gave him

Customer Question
some meds that helped, he...
He was sick to his stomach for a few days, the vet gave him some meds that helped, he was eating and taking his meds. Now as of this morning he won't eat again. He is drinking water and he is not vomiting. He is 13 year old golden, any help?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, not that I am aware of, He was eating rice and ground turkey, he is not vomiting
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rieley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rieley?
Customer: He takes meds for his heart, and has been for several years
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

What medication did his vet use specifically?

What tests did they do?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or diarrhea?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian