Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Russel got in the garbage last night ate chicken bones I

Customer Question

My Jack Russel got in the garbage last night ate chicken bones I gave her bread about 3 slices today she poop it was soft i could see some bone in it that was around 4pm az time just now she has diarrhea smells bad with blood in it and blood drops
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Russel will be able to digest that. How old is Russel?
Customer: 5yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Russel?
Customer: About 4 yrs ago she got bite buy a rattlesnake on the nose
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much blood are you seeing (spoonful, cupful, etc)?

What color is the diarrhea?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?