Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an English Bulldog puppy 13 weeks old, he is now in

Customer Question

I have an English Bulldog puppy 13 weeks old, he is now in the critical care unit ICU for pneumonia, He has been on IV and IV antibiotics, and in an oxygen tent since early Tuesday morning. They started him on a low dose of prednisone last night. His second set of x=rays shows one lung a little better and the other lung about the same. I don't want to lose him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the pneumonia. What is the bulldog's name?
Customer: Gus
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gus?
Customer: Last Friday is when I got him and he had dried discharge around his nose and I wiped it clean before I went to my vet. The breeder thinks he has aspirated pneumonia and I wonder if he had this before I got him.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long will his recover be and how long will it be before we see his lungs getting better? He has been in the critical care unit (ICU) four days now. He is eating and drinking good.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is getting two different antibiotics through his IV. One of those antibiotics actually has two in it, so I guess he is getting three different antibiotics IV and the low dose prednisone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They just started the low dose prednisone today.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, he is getting breathing treatments of warm nebulizer air I believe twice a day maybe more.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are Gus's chances of survival? I am still believing in his recovery 100%.
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 1 month ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully i can help today. Have you had a further update on Gus? How is he doing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gus is doing much better today. I just seen him a little bit ago.

That`s great to hear. How long has he been on treatment for now?