Emily Bemrose
Emily Bemrose,
Experience:  Associate and Lead Veterinarian at Banfield
99239318

My dog ate neosporin, His name is Nash and he is 6 months. I

Customer Question

My dog ate neosporin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 6 months. I have no money I would just like to talk to the vet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nash?
Customer: No but I have no money to give to you for the refund thing
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Emily Bemrose replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** Oh the things that puppies will eat! The good news is neosporin is reasonably harmless if ingested. The most likely things you would see is some gastrointestinal upset such as vomiting or diarrhea. If this was going to occur it would likely start within 24 hours of ingesting the neosporin. If you see signs of gastrointestinal upset I would recommend feeding a little white rice with chicken broth for a day or two, as this will be a little easier on Nash's stomach and help settle it. There are also over the counter antidiarrheals that can be given and if needed I am happy to get you a dose for those, I would just need Nash's weight. I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.