Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

How are you going? I have an Aussie bulldog who is

Customer Question

Hi how are you going? I have an Aussie bulldog who is obsessively scratching the base of her tail on tables etc and I've read some stuff that says it might be a food allergy. We feed her kibble (premium is the brand name) and a little kangaroo meat and occasionally a little milk or an egg as a treat. Do you know if her itchiness might be linked to any of these foods? She has no other skin problems. Thanks for your time, any advice would be greatly appreciated .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. How old is )?
Customer: S thank yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about )?
Customer: she doesn't appear to have any fleas, she is 2 yo
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. Generally when it is at the base of the tail it indicates a flea bite allergy. A dog does not have to have fleas to have this happen. One or two hop on and then bite and hop off and it causes a whole reaction.

Food allergies will usually show up in a rash on the abdomen and down the legs.

Airborne allergies will usually show a lot of licking of the paws and scratching.

flea allergy http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/skin/c_multi_flea_bite_hypersensitivity

Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive