Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Hope Animal Clinic
99041463

Just noticed a large bump on my dogs nose. It seems to be

Customer Question

Just noticed a large bump on my dogs nose. It seems to be driving him crazy and itching
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Little Dog is his name. He is 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Little?
Customer: We gave him a very small dose of benedril this morning because he was coughing a lot
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katherine Schmidt replied 2 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you some advice regarding your dog. I don't know how much Benadryl you gave him, but you can give a dose of 1 mg/lb every 12 hours which can help with a lot of allergic reactions. If the swelling hasn't gone down by tomorrow morning, I would take him to the vet for an exam. There might be something else going on that the vet can address. Let me know if you have any questions.If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!