Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My dog ate a piece of corn cob on Tuesday. It is now Friday

My dog ate a piece of corn cob on Tuesday. It is now Friday and he is a puppy. He is half pit half lab and I took him on a car ride. He threw up the cob and he just threw up again. He is very mopey acting and sleepy. Unlike his normal crazy self. What do I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?
Customer: He is about 30 lbs.

Hi this is Dr. Sara, do you think he vomited the entire piece of cob?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he did

YAAAAAYYYYY!!! If he is a puppy, he is most likely just tired from vomiting and feels nauseous from the car ride a vomiting. What time did he vomit today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
At 2
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is sleeping right now

If you are eastern time zone, that was very recent. All I would do at this point if let him sleep it off and then lets get you a dose of pepcid for when he wakes up. What does he weigh?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
About 30 lbs

He can have 10 mg Pepcid AC when he wakes up. I would also wait until much later to offer any food and water. Then, I would offer about 1/4 of what he normally gets so he doesn't overdo it. He should recover fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thank you!

You are very welcome and I am just hanging around the house painting my dining room and will have just answer up until I go to bed so let me know if you need anything else.

Sara

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Sara