Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My pup was very listless an lethargic, the vet took blood

Customer Question

Hi Pearl My pup was very listless an lethargic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your pup. What is the pup's name and age?
Customer: the vet took blood and she is going to put her on Denosyl
JA: How old is Denosyl?
Customer: Bailey is her name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your pup?
Customer: they found high liver ensymes
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

How old and which breed is Bailey, please? Can you upload a copy of all of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't. Elevated liver enzymes must be evaluated in respect to other test results.