Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog has bruising on his belly and armpits. I know my son

Customer Question

My dog has bruising on his belly and armpits. I know my son has been rough in disciplining him. Could this cause the black bruising? He is half pug and half chi Wawa.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buster and he is rambunctious! We just rescued another dog and they play a lot but the Morkie is only 8 pounds.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buster?
Customer: Buster broke his leg 3 months ago twice due to it catching on a bench. The vet pinned it back together. It is the same leg that had hip dysplasia in which we went into surgery to create a false joint.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear the your are worried about Buster having bruising. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Can you possibly post a picture of it?

Bruises are from blood vessels in the skin that have been traumatized. How exactly is your son disciplining him?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for answering but I cancelled this service.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

OK; the website did not tell me that! You might want to check with them; your question is listed as your being an active member. Please let me know if I can help with or answer anything else.