Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog ate a vitorin pill..dose 10/20..she weighs 20lbs,

My dog ate a vitorin pill..dose 10/20..she weighs 20lbs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Fannie 13 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fannie?
Customer: She has 2 forms of diabetes..iscipidus andmellitis and thyroid condition

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. How long ago did Fannie eat this single dose of Vytorin? How is she acting at this time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
about 1 hour ago and she is acting normal
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do not want to call

Ok. I did some research on this and found that a single dose of 10/20 mg in this dog should not be a problem. Maybe gi effects at most. More than likely nothing will happen from this. There really isn't any need to do any treatments at this time for this. Basically treatment of any GI signs that arise would be needed. I would continue to treat her other conditions as you are and not change anything.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you so much. have a good night

I will. I hope all goes well there! Tell Fannie to only take her own medications. Take care.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi thanks for following up. Fannie is fine. No adverse effects at all. Have a great day.

Awesome! Glad to hear that Fannie is fine. I hope all continues to go well.